DOWNLOAD B3V UTOPIA VIEWER
(Version v0.82 2.6MB)
The B3V Utopia Feed Viewer is an alternative viewer for watching the Utopia Season 1 Live Feeds. It provides a more convenient viewing experience than the default feed viewing web page.
NOTE: The B3V Viewer does NOT allow you to see any feed content for which you you do not have permission to see. The viewer does allow you to watch free feeds subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the official Utopia web site. The viewer does work with feed viewing for the following scenarios: viewers not logged in or without Utopia Passport, viewer logged in with Utopia Passport, viewers logged in under a Utopia Passport with paid access to the Utopia Premium Feeds.
The B3V Viewer is freely available for download and personal use.
(This site is not affiliated in any way with the Fox Network or the Utopia Live Feed service.)
- Windows XP (untested), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8(32 and 64 bit versions supported)
- Internet Explorer (No special install required but viewer does reply upon some Internet Explorer components available on all versions of Windows)
- Microsoft Silverlight (required to play Utopia video stream)
This release is a preliminary first version. Unlike the B3V BB Feed Viewer, this viewer does not provide a complete replacement for the feed viewing system on the official Utopia site. It does however provide a more convenient application for watching the feeds than a standard web browser.
For users of previous versions of the B3V BB Feed Viewer, many of the toolbar controls are presently disabled as the same functionality is present in the video interface itself. Future versions may add these features back with a replacement video interface to minimize the clutter found in the current video interface. The currently implemented features are listed below.
Also note that the Utopia Feed viewer works a bit differently than the B3V BB Feed Viewer in terms of logging in. After installing and launching, the default mode is to view free feeds without logging in under a Utopia Passport. This results in a 5 minute viewing limit per session.
To watch the feeds without the 5 minute limit or to gain access to the Premium Feeds you will need to follow the log-in procedure listed below under the Quick Start section. Also note that to view the Premium Feeds (3+4) you will need to login with a Utopia Passport which has purchased the Premium Feed package.
- Automatically shrinks viewing to the video frame when viewing Utopia live feeds
- Allows resizing of the video window
- Supports pinning the feed window on top of all other windows
- Provides one click screen capturing to image
- Quick link to open image capture folder
- Configurable image capture directory
- Toolbar icon to launch new viewer window to have multiple viewer windows open playing different feeds
- Customizable interface
- More features under development to be added in the future
- Download the B3V Utopia Viewer from the link at the top right of this page
- Install the B3V Utopia Viewer
- Run the B3V Utopia Viewer from either the Start Menu Program Group (Called B3V Utopia Viewer) or from the Desktop Shortcut created during the install.
- At first run, the viewer should go directly to feed viewing and feed 1 will begin to play. You can interact and control the feeds exactly the same way as on the official Utopia web site.
- If you have created a Utopia Passport account, you should login with that account to avoid the free time limit imposed on anonymous viewing. To login with a passport account, go to the Settings tab in the toolbar and click the "Utopia Sign In" button. The Utopia website homepage will load. Click Passport Login button in the upper right of the page and login as usual.
- After logging in with a passport you can return to the Live Feds by either clicking the "Go to Player" button on the Tollbar, clicking the LIVE link on the displayed page, or closing and restarting the B3V Utopia viewer.
- To pin the player on top of other windows, check the "Pin On Top" checkbox on the toolbar Settings Tab
- To take screen captures of the live feeds, click the "Image" botton on the toolbar Capture/Review tab
- To open the screen shot folder in Windows, click the "Open Image Folder" button on the toolbar Capture/Review Tab
Installation is straightforward. Download the installer from the above link and run the installer.
- If you receive a message about the install file being "corrupt' or "invalid" you may have an incomplete download. Download the file again and reattempt installation. The installer file should be 2.6MB, if the downloaded installer file is less than that you have an incomplete download.
- Some testers have reported that they were not able to install the file if they downloaded it while using "Private Browsing" in FireFox. If you use Private Browsing and continue to have problems, try downloading the file while not in private browsing mode and reattempt installation.
- If you have an older installation of windows it is possible that your version of the Microsoft Windows Installer package is out of date. You can download the latest version of Microsoft's Windows Installer from here:
- First and foremost, make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight. You can download and install the latest version from here
- This viewer depends on Internet Explorer. If you are having problems running the viewer, you may want to consider upgrading to the latest version of Internet Explorer if you have not already done so. You can download the latest version of Internet Explorer from here.
- This list will be updated with additional troubleshooting tips as they are gathered. The above items have resolved the majority of issues encountered by users during testing of the viewer.